Carrot Short 'n Sweet - Burpee Seeds
- North America Wide Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping on Seeds
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
Bred especially for heavy or poor soil.
Easy to grow and full of vitamins, this rich, sweet flavored carrot has 4" roots that are bright orange to the center. It was bred especially for heavy or poor soil and can also be grown in large containers.
GARDEN HINTS: Sow seed in deep, well-worked stone-free soil after danger of heavy frost in the spring. Do not transplant because crooked roots may result. 68 Days
2g. of seed
- To make harvesting easier, soak your carrot bed with water before pulling. Twist the tops off while pulling the roots up.
- You can leave carrots in the ground after the first frost. In cold climates, pull carrots up before the ground freezes. In warm climates, you can harvest carrots all winter.
- Cut the greens off the top after harvest to about ¼ - ½ inches above the shoulder. This will help the carrot to keep longer as the greens can take moisture from the root.
- Carrots store best at 32-38 degrees F at 98% humidity.
- You can store them in the refrigerator in plastic bags, or they may be blanched and frozen for later use.
- Carrots may be canned or pickled as well.