Cucumber Burpless Beauty - Burpee Seeds
- North America Wide Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping on Seeds
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
Stays crisp longer than any cucumber we've tried.
The super-productive vines yield loads of long, deep green cucumbers that stay crisp longer than any other we've tried. Pick and slice to reveal the pure white, firm flesh with an exceptionally small seed cavity. The thin-skinned cukes have the right balance of crispness and juiciness-and these mild beauties are easy on the digestion. Disease-resistant plants set fruits over several months.
- Like most vegetables, cucumbers are tender and tastiest when harvested young before their seeds are fully developed.
- Slicing cucumber varieties are generally ready for harvest when about six to eight inches long; pickling cucumber types at three to five inches- both in about 50-60 days from seeding.
- To avoid damage cut fruit from the vine rather than pull
- Don't allow the fruits to become overripe on the vine as this signals to the plant that the seed-development process is nearly complete and it will shut down.
- Keep mature cucumber fruits picked to encourage further production. During hot weather cucumbers grow very fast, you may need to harvest every day.
- Harvest the cucumber fruits early in the morning before the sun hits them for the best flavor and texture.