Cucumber Picklebush - Burpee Seeds
Regular price$2.99 CAD
FREE Shipping over $150
- North America Wide Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping on Seeds
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
White-spined fruits have classic pickle look, deep green with paler stripes.
Burpee-bred Picklebush has unbelievably compact vines that get only 2' long. White-spined fruits have classic pickle look, deep green with paler stripes. Up to 4 1/2" long, 1 1/2" across at maturity, but use them at any size. Very productive and tolerant to powdery mildew and cucumber mosaic virus.
52 days to maturity, full sun.
725mg of seed
- Like most vegetables, cucumbers are tender and tastiest when harvested young before their seeds are fully developed.
- Slicing cucumber varieties are generally ready for harvest when about six to eight inches long; pickling cucumber types at three to five inches- both in about 50-60 days from seeding.
- To avoid damage cut fruit from the vine rather than pull
- Don't allow the fruits to become overripe on the vine as this signals to the plant that the seed-development process is nearly complete and it will shut down.
- Keep mature cucumber fruits picked to encourage further production. During hot weather cucumbers grow very fast, you may need to harvest every day.
- Harvest the cucumber fruits early in the morning before the sun hits them for the best flavor and texture.