Dill Mammoth - Burpee Seeds
Regular price$1.99 CAD
FREE Shipping over $150
- North America Wide Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping on Seeds
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
Seeds flavor pickles; leaves enhance salads, soups, omelets and vegetables.
Use seeds to flavor pickles and the leaves to brighten salads, soups, omelets and vegetables. Likes full sun. Plant seeds or plants outside after all danger of frost.
1.8g. of seed
- Keep weeds under control during the growing season. Weeds compete with plants for water, space and nutrients, so control them by either cultivating often or use a mulch to prevent their seeds from germinating.
- Mulches also help retain soil moisture and maintain even soil temperatures. For herbs, an organic mulch of aged bark or shredded leaves lends a natural look to the bed and will improve the soil as it breaks down in time. Always keep mulches off a plant's stems to prevent possible rot.
- Keep plants well-watered during the growing season, especially during dry spells. Plants need about 1 inch of rain per week during the growing season. It's best to water with a drip or trickle system that delivers water at low pressure at the soil level. If you water with overhead sprinklers, water early in the day so the foliage has time to dry off before evening, to minimize disease problems. Keep the soil moist but not saturated.
- Fertilize as needed with Gro-tone All Purpose Organic Plant Food.
- Remove flowers as they appear to help prolong leaf production for a short time.
- Pinch off spent flowers to help prevent prolific self-sowing.
- At the end of the season, let some go to seed to provide a crop for next year.
- Monitor for pests and diseases. Check with your local Cooperative Extension Service for pest controls recommended for your area.