Lettuce Gourmet Blend - Burpee Seeds
Regular price$2.49 CAD
FREE Shipping over $150
- North America Wide Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping on Seeds
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
Our popular looseleaf blend, selected for a long harvest.
Gourmet Blend features a tasty and colorful mix of five looseleafs in shades from green to red and textures from oakleaf to tightly ruffled. Fast-growing, tender, colorful and tolerant of hot weather, our popular looseleaf blend is selected for a long harvest. Grows best in cool weather and can be planted in early spring or grown as a fall crop. Protect from heat with shade cloth. Likes fertile soil, ample water. Best when picked minutes before your meal. Space lettuce plants 8" apart.
45-50 days to maturity, full sun/part sun.
700mg. of seed
- For the best quality, pick lettuce early rather than late as lettuce allowed to grow too long may be bitter and tough.
- Try to harvest in the morning when the leaves are crisp, sweet, and full of moisture.
- Harvest looseleaf types anytime the leaves are large enough to use.
- Harvest butterhead types when they have formed heads and the leaves are a good size.
- Cut the heads below the crown.
- On leaf types, you can just pick a few leaves at a time, if you like.
- Store for 5-7 days in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. Many gardeners wrap leaves in moist paper towels.
- Lettuce is a classic ingredient in salads. It adds crispness to sandwiches and can be used as a garnish, braised, or added to soups. Many of the looseleaf cultivars are also decorative in the garden.