Pea Burpeeana Early - Burpee Seeds
Regular price$2.79 CAD
FREE Shipping over $150
- North America Wide Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping on Seeds
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
Extremely prolific and early and very sweet.
The sweetness of garden peas is legendary. This Burpee-bred early, extremely prolific, all-purpose pea produces straight 3" pods filled with 8 to 10 medium to large peas. It freezes well and is an outstanding winter crop in zones 9-11. The best way to stretch the harvest is to plant early and late varieties. Direct-sow in early spring, again in midsummer for a fall crop.
63 days to maturity.
21g of seed
- To determine when to pick shell peas, check the pods by eye and feel. If the pea pod is round, has a nice sheen, and is bright green, it is ready. If the seeds have made ridges on the pod and the pods are dull green, it is past prime.
- You can pick snap and snow peas at any time but are tastiest when the pods still have some play around the peas when you squeeze the pods.
- Pick snow peas before the peas start to enlarge.
- If harvest exceeds immediate fresh use, you can freeze peas immediately after harvest to retain rich flavor. Blanch peas for two minutes in boiling water, drain, and then plunge into ice cold water for another two minutes. Drain again and loosely pack the peas into plastic freezer bags or containers. Use within 9 months for best quality.
- Peas can also be dried in a dehydrator and stored in a sealed canister for use in soups and stews.