Thyme - McKenzie Seeds
- North America Wide Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping on Seeds
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
- Perennial Zone 4
- Pungent with a subtle, dry aroma and slightly minty flavor.
- 7 to 21 days to germination
- 85 days to maturity
- Especially flavorful in clam chowder and other soups, stews and meats.
Thyme produces attractive bushy plants with tiny grey-green leaves. Not only used to flavor most meat, fish, and vegetable dishes, this versatile herb can also be used as a plant for rock gardens and edging.
350mg. (Approx. 1000-1100 seeds)
Start indoors 4-6 weeks before last frost. Transplant to garden when soil is warm. A perfect variety for an indoor herb garden.
Planting Depth: 6 mm (1/4")
Planting Spacing: 30 cm (12")
Row Spacing: 30 cm (12")
For drying leaves, cut entire plant to 2 inches above the ground just before it flowers in the early summer. Dry leaves in the shade.