pH Minus 800g - pH & TA DecreaserRegular price $9.99
pH MINUS effective for minor pH decreases of hot tub water to prevent scaling, cloudy water and eye/skin irritation and increases sanitizer efficiency. Before adjusting pH, ensure your Total Alkalinity is balanced. Maintain a proper (pH) level of 7.2 – 7.8.
pH : 2.0
Beachcomber pH Minus is a granular product that decreases the pH and Total Alkalinity level of your hot tub water. It effectively decreases the pH of pool or hot tub water to keep pH in the correct range. The correct pH range is from 7.2 to 7.8 which will prevent eye irritation, corrosion, scaling and staining, helping to increase the efficiency of the sanitizer.
- Before adjusting pH, ensure Total Alkalinity is between 100-120 ppm and test pH. Beachcomber 6 Ways Water Test Strips
- Adjust pH to a range of 7.2 -7.8.
- Add 6 g of pH Minus per 1000 L of water to decrease the pH by 0.2
- If pH is high (above 7.8), sprinkle pH Minus into the centre of the hot tub. Circulate for 30 minutes and test pH again
Water Balance Parameters
pH (7.2 - 7.8)
pH is a measure of how acidic or basic the water is. If the water is below 7.0, the water is acidic. If the pH is above 7.0, the water is basic.Acidic water can cause pitting of the heater element, and can damage the equipment. Basic water forces the calcium dissolved in the water out of solution, causing cloudy water and scaling.The pH also has a dramatic effect on the sanitizer effectiveness in the water. A high pH level results in greatly reduced sanitizer effectiveness.
Factors that can contribute to a pH change
Addition of fresh water, rain, bather use, chemicals, dust, algae, neglect, improper testing, a drop in alkalinity, carry-out or splash out, evaporation and body lotions, soaps and oils.
What to do ?
- Increase the pH using Beachcomber pH Plus
- Decrease the pH using Beachcomber pH Minus
- Increase the pH if Total Alkalinity is low, by adding Beachcomber Resist