Organic Carrot Half-Long Nantes - Burpee Seeds
Regular price$3.29 CAD
FREE Shipping over $150
- North America Wide Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping on Seeds
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
HEIRLOOM. Slim, cylindrical, orange roots.
Mid-19th century variety is easy to grow, slim, cylindrical, orange roots are 7" long, 1½" thick, require no peeling, and are packed with vitamins. A favorite variety thanks to its productivity, delicious flavor, and wide adaptability. Garden Hint: For a continuing harvest of flavorful roots, sow seeds in early spring, and keep at it.
- To make harvesting easier, soak your carrot bed with water before pulling. Twist the tops off while pulling the roots up.
- You can leave carrots in the ground after the first frost. In cold climates, pull carrots up before the ground freezes. In warm climates, you can harvest carrots all winter.
- Cut the greens off the top after harvest to about ¼ - ½ inches above the shoulder. This will help the carrot to keep longer as the greens can take moisture from the root.
- Carrots store best at 32-38 degrees F at 98% humidity.
- You can store them in the refrigerator in plastic bags, or they may be blanched and frozen for later use.
- Carrots may be canned or pickled as well.