Chives Garlic - Burpee Seeds
Regular price$1.99 CAD
FREE Shipping over $150
- North America Wide Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping on Seeds
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
Flavor is midway between garlic and onion.
The flat, tender leaves have a flavor midway between garlic and onion. Delicious in salads, spreads and flavored vinegar. Perennial in Zones 3-10. Start early indoors or outdoors after danger of frost. 80-90 days to maturity, full sun.
480mg of seed
- Harvest the leaves by clipping them back to 1 inch above the ground; new leaves will emerge.
- Add fresh leaves to salads, soups, cream cheese, butter, or sandwiches.
- Sprinkle the florets on salads.
- The leaves and flowers also make flavorful vinegars. Try adding the pink-lavender blooms to white vinegar—they will give it a light onion flavor and a beautiful pink color.
- After garlic chives plants flower, the attractive seed heads may be harvested and used in herbal wreaths and arrangements.
- Include garlic chives in perennial borders, herb gardens, vegetable and containers, indoors and out.