Organic Onion Struron - Mr. Fothergill's
- North America Wide Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping on Seeds
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- Low stock - 1 item left
- An award-winning variety, packed with flavour.
- Productive, reliable and tolerant of poor conditions.
- Quality medium-large bulbs, store well.
- Harvest in 28 weeks
- Organically grown seed
One of the most popular onions that are frequently grown, you can expect large globe-shaped bulbs from harvest. They take approximately 115 days to harvest and are like fertile soil that is enriched in compost. Planted at the beginning of the year to mid-spring, the harvest typically takes place between July and August.
Approx. 200 seeds
Sow in fertile, well-drained soil, 1.5cm (½”) deep, in rows 30cm (12”) apart after last spring frost. Germination: 14-28 days. Water often during dry spells. For earlier harvest, start indoors 8-10 weeks prior to final frost in warm soil and harden off plants for a few days before transplanting, 25cm (10”) apart.