Organic Squash Butternut (Winter) - Mr. Fothergill's
- North America Wide Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping on Seeds
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
- Organically grown seed
- Productive, quick to mature and versatile
- Large fruit with great tasting, colourful flesh.
- Use for soup, roasted, sautéed or in sweet pies.
A fast-growing and vigorous plant that produces large squashes with thick long necks, they have sweet-tasting orange flesh. They prefer to be grown in a rich, well-drained type of soil. Planting takes place in May and you can expect a harvest between mid-summer and the beginning of autumn.
Approx. 10 seeds
Can be sown directly to garden after final frost or for earlier harvest, start indoors 4 weeks before final frost. Sow into rich, well-drained soil, 2.5 cm (1”) deep, 2-3 seeds per pot. If transplanting, harden plants off prior to placing into warm, well mulched soil. Place 2 plants per hill. Water regularly, but avoid getting plants wet. Water early in the day to allow time for the plant to dry to avoid disease.