Cosmos Seashells Mixed - Mr. Fothergill's
- North America Wide Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping on Seeds
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
- Unusual tubular petals, attractive ferny foliage
- Long flowering, ideal for back of borders
- Germination in 14-21 days.
- Full Sun
- Half Hardy Annual
- Attracts bees and butterflies
Approx. 60 seeds
Sow indoors for surest results, February-April, 0.5cm (¼") deep, in trays of compost. Water well and place in a warm position. A temperature of 15-20°C (60-68°F) is ideal. Keep moist. Seedlings usually appear in 14-21 days. Transplant seedlings, 5cm (2") apart, to other trays when large enough to handle (always hold by a leaf, never by the stem). Grow on in cooler, but not cold conditions. Gradually accustom young plants to outside conditions (avoid frosts), before planting out into well-drained soil, May-June, 30cm (1') apart, when frosts are over.
Sow outdoors for ease, April-May, where they are to flower, 1.5cm (½”) deep, into finely-prepared, well-drained soil, which has already been watered. Thin seedlings to 30cm (1') apart. Water well until plants are established. Flowers: June-October.