Tithonia Torchlight - Mr. Fothergill's Seeds
*Excluding All C.R. Plastic Products
- Canada-Wide Shipping
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
- Tall plants with magnificent orange blooms
- Bold glowing colour for the back of borders
- Long flowering large blooms, loved by bees
- A great border plant in a butterfly garden
Commonly known as Mexican Sunflower, it produces vivid orange flowers over a long period, much loved by bees and butterflies. Perfect for the back of the annual border.
Approx. 100 seeds
Can be sown directly to your garden, or started indoors.
Indoors: Sow 6-8 weeks before the final spring frost in moist, well-drained seed starter mix. Sow 3mm (1/8") deep, 5cm (2") apart. Keep warm. Germination in about 7 days. Thin to strongest plants. Transplant once all danger of frost has passed.
Outdoors: Sow after the final spring frost, 6mm (1/4") deep, 5-7.5mm (2-3") apart. Water and thin to final plant spacing.
Flowers: July to October. Remove dead heads to prolong flowering.