Nasturtium Empress of India - Burpee Seeds
- North America Wide Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping on Seeds
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
HEIRLOOM. Victorian favorite with edible flowers.
Unique, deep blue-green leaves are the perfect background for the dazzling, long-spurred 2 1/2" scarlet blooms. Compact plants only 1 ft. high are superb for hanging baskets and mixed plantings in kitchen gardens. Large seeds are easy to sow directly in the ground. Blooms until frost. Use as a companion plant for cabbage, cucumbers and herbs. Nasturtium helps repel whitefly and cabbage caterpillars.
- Nasturtiums do best in areas with relatively cool summers, but usually, they can grow anywhere.
- Nasturtiums cut for vases often root in water.
- Nasturtiums are pretty annuals to use as edgings or at the front of a flower bed with other low-growing annuals and perennials. Allow plants to trail over walls or raised beds, and use them to add summertime color to rock gardens. They also look beautiful in containers and window boxes.