Zinnia Forecast Mixed Colours - Burpee Seeds
- North America Wide Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping on Seeds
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
Our ‘Forecast’ is for gorgeous zinnias—all summer long.
The Forecast is for zinnias all summer! ‘Forecast’ is a long-lasting zinnia that will bloom endlessly and is tenacious enough to thrive in virtually any conditions. Its mildew resistance makes it the obvious choice for cut flowers in damp, cool areas like the Pacific Northwest and Canada. It bears purple, pink, orange, salmon, yellow or cream petals that surround bright-yellow stamens for a 2-3" across bloom. No matter the weather, our ‘Forecast’ is for gorgeous zinnias—all summer long.
- Plant zinnias in mixed plantings with other summer-blooming annuals, or place small groups of zinnias among perennials. They are at home in cottage and children’s gardens, and they are often grown in cutting gardens.
- Shorter zinnia varieties are ideal for containers. Take care not to overcrowd them or the flowers may be significantly smaller than they should be and the plants may be taller. Always use a commercial potting mix, do not use garden soil, and make sure the containers have adequate drainage. Container grown plants will require extra water and fertilizer, look for signs of wilt or a nutrient deficiency.
- Cut stems before the flower is open for cut flowers.
- Zinnias attract hummingbirds, butterflies and beneficial insects.