Lavatera Ruby - Mr. Fothergill's Seeds
- North America Wide Shipping
- Flat Rate Shipping on Seeds
- Secure Payment & Checkout
- In stock, ready to ship
- Full Sun
- Attracts bees and butterflies
- Spectacular Flowers
- Easy to Grow
- Masses of deep rose blooms with darker veining
- Stunning when planted beside blue flowering plants
Bright shimmering flowers
Masses of veined, deep carmine blooms. Looks especially stunning planted with blues.
Approx. 75 seeds
Sow outdoors, March-May, where they are to flower, 0.5cm (¼") deep, directly into finely-prepared, well-drained soil, which has already been watered. Seedlings usually appear in 14-28 days. Thin seedlings to 25cm (10") apart. Water well until plants are established. Flowers: June-October.
Water gently to avoid disturbing the seeds.
Remove dead heads to prolong flowering season. Pinch out the central growing tip, when plants are about 1cm (4") tall, to encourage bushy growth and plenty of flowers.